Trademark Marconi

The first radio factory of Marconi in 1898 Wireless Telegraph Company in Chelmsfort in EnglandMarconi founded his first radio factory in 1898 at the Wireless Telegraph Company in Chelmford also in England. Marconi soon built his first crystal receivers, and in the 1920s this design was expanded to include radio tubes for better sound through a loudspeaker. At that time, the radios often still worked on batteries. And so his factory quickly grew to 600 employees in the 1930s.

Marconi sold its interests in domestic radios and rights to use the Marconi name to Marconiphone Co. in 1923. Gramophone Co acquired Marconiphone Co. as well as Marconi's share in M-O Valve in 1929.